Wednesday, September 28, 2011

C4K #1

three young students gathered around a computer


1. My first C4K comment was on Hunter's blog from Mrs. Huebner's class. The blog post I commented on was his biopoem. There were many great ambitions. likes, and dreams expressed throughout his poem. In my comment I said "I like how you aspire to do so many great things in your life? I love ice cream and dogs too. Keep up the good work in school and keep reaching for your dreams!"

2. For my second C4K I commented on Allison's blog who is a 4th grade student in Mrs. Kilgo's class. She had written a blog post talking about some characteristics of raccoons. In her post she said that raccoons were nocturnal. I said that I though raccoons were neat animals with cute faces and I liked how she describes the stripes on the raccoons tail. I also posed the question of what she thought it would be like if we were nocturnal.

3. This weeks C4K comment was on a book interview that three students from Martha Yim's class produced. The students were Elise, Cade and Danielle. The students had to get into groups, and pick what book they wanted to use for their interview. Then they were shown how to use the notepad app on their iPads where they created their interview questions. Elise, Cade and Danielle decided to do their book interview on Satchel Page. In my comment I said "Hey Elise,Cade and Danielle! I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I think your book interview video was awesome. Good job on using the iPad to write your interview questions on. Keep up the good learning!" They spoke loudly and asked interesting questions that made the interview come alive. They did a great job especially since they did not rehearse the interviews first.

4. For my C4K comment #4 I got to comment on Mary's blog, a student who lives in Moscow, Russia. Her blog post was about Where she would love to visit and why. Mary said that she would like to visit England because she had been studying English and would like to put it into practice. She would also like to see London and other places that she has read about. In my comment to her I said, "I am a college student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I think it would be great if you could go visit England! I would love to visit Italy because I love Italian food and would love to see all the beautiful sights and museums. Keep practicing your English and I hope you get to go visit London, England one day." I think it is great how we are able to connect with students from around the world!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you find C4K beneficial to you. I know from the comments of the teachers that they find them useful and the kids love getting them. Writing for a real audience is important!

    Mary is participating in an international blogging contest.

    Well done. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete