Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blog Assignment #11

Students love blogging

First Graders in
Ms.Cassidy's Class Using Technology


I think Mrs. Cassidy has really great ideas and methods for integrating technology in the classroom especially in the first grade classroom. I like how the students can improve on their writing skills through blogging and have an audience to view their work. One of my favorite technology aspects that she used was a class webpage. The class webpage has links to more resources for learning and gives the students a place to navigate from. I would love to put together a class that would have things such as homework and assignments posted. I would also have links to places where they can learn more about different subjects that we are studying. Some adversities I might face in doing this is the school administrator not wanting me to post these things on line with an independent website they might want me to use a school site to do this. I would suggest that it is easier for my students to access my webpage and that it would be easier for me to update they webpage for the students. I think that having a webpage in my classroom will help keep the students and parents engaged and informed about what is happening in the classroom.
I also think that having a class blog and having the students blog is a great learning tool. I would also like to have a class blog in my room so that the students can improve upon their writing skills and have an audience to help develop their learning network. I would probably face some concerns from parents so I would inform them of what exactly the blog is for and the safety precautions that are taken. I would also have a sheet for parents to sign giving permission for students to have a blog. I think blogging would help students to expand their learning network and also their writing skills. I think that using the technologies that Ms. Cassidy uses in her classroom will greatly help students in their understanding of different subjects being studied.

students using computers in the classroom

2 comments:

  1. Hey Stephanie, great post. I think class blogs are a great way to stay connected with students and parents outside of school. I love the idea of teachers posting weekly assignments and projects on a class blog. That way if a student is absent, they will not fall behind on their work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,

    Clearly you have found this Blog Assignment useful! It is great that you are thinking of ways to use Ms. Cassidy’s ideas in a modified way for your own classroom.

    ReplyDelete