Thursday, November 3, 2011

C4K Summary #2

students working on computers

My first C4K for October was on Ms. Jenny She's Room 6 class blog from Auckland, New Zealand. I commented on a video that a student named Cruz had made about harold the giraffe. Harold was a giraffe that came and visited the class and talked to them about health and safety. My comment on Cruz's video was, " Hey Cruz and Room 6, My name is Stephanie Tyler and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I am taking a technology class called EDM310. I think it is great that Harold the giraffe came and talked to you and your classmates about health and safety. It sounds like you had a great time and I hope Harold taught you a lot!" I think that it is great how the class is continually learning through blogging and by looking through the blog I can get a sense of school in New Zealand.

My second C4K comment for October was on Ms. Wendy Burne's class blog from Auckland, New Zealand. Her class is a year 3 class at Pt England School. Ms. Burne has incorporated technology into her classroom through blogging. I watched a video that a few students made about black out day at school. It was where they dressed up in black and the video showed students playing games. The video had both still images and recorded video put to music. The students did a great job putting the video together and it was neat to see students in action from all the way around the world. My comment on the video was, "My name is Stephanie Tyler and I am student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I enjoyed watching the video you made about Black Out day. You did a great job using both pictures and video to make your movie. I also liked the music that went along with the pictures. Good job using imovie!"


a child holding blocks that spell learn



I commented on a blog by s student named Edna for my third C4K in October. I went back to look at her page and my comments still have not appeared on her blog but I commented on her brain storming post and her bean project post. Her bean project post had an experiment she was testing on growing beans and if they would grow in sprite. In my comment I asked Edna what kind of affect the sugar from the sprite would have on the bean plant. I also wanted to find out the results of the experiment because it sounded rather interesting. Her brain storming post consisted of a list of all different ideas for writing a story. My comment on that post was,"Hey Edna, I love all your brain storming ideas. I know you will be able to come up with an awesome story using any of your ideas or even by combining some ideas."


In my last C4K for October I commented on the blog of classroom 17 which is a 6th years class taught by Miss Juanita Garden at Pt England school in Auckland, New Zealand. I commented on a google doc presentation about space junk it was 4 slides long and included pictures and text. In my comment I said,"Hey my name is Stephanie Tyler and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile Alabama. You did a great job creating a google doc presentation about space junk. There are so many things that can be created using google doc presentations! Keep up the good work!
I made a presentation using google docs and posted it on my blog Stephanie Tyler's EDM 310 blog google docs presentation." It was neat to see students all the way in New Zealand using google docs for presentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment