Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Blog Assignment #14

a bag of resources for teachers



Upon exploring Jose Picardo's blog a box of tricks I found that he is very into finding internet websites and programs that can be useful in the classroom. On his list of resources for teachers I saw several links to resources that we have used time and time again in EDM310 like, blogger, audacity, twitter, delicious, and many more. I also found several that I found interesting. Here are just a few: animoto, Diigo, Edmodo, Go!Animate, Block Posters, sliderocket, TOONDOO, word press and Alice. Animoto is a site that allows you to upload sound and pictures to create videos that will look professional and the best part is that its free and videos can be shared online. Diigo is a social book marking service and Edmodo is like twitter in the way that it is a micro-blogging site but it is for education. Go!Animate is a site that allows students to tell stories through creating animations. TOONDOO is similar to this because it allows you to create your own comic strip with character you create. Block Poster would be useful for the classroom because it allows you to create full sized posters with any pictures of material you choose. Sliderocket is kind of like google docs because it allows you to create power point presentations that can be shared online. I recognized the name Alice from Dr. Paush's last lecture and I was glad to see it on the list of resources for teachers.
The video of 10 Tips for using technology in the classroom was neat because several of the things he mentioned like using blogs, teleconference sites, using interactive whiteboard effectively, making our own interactive activities, use streaming video, use music more often, and make the most of gadgets have been introduced to us in EDM310 so I feel completely comfortable integrating these things in the classroom. I think I just listed all of his tips for integrating technology in the classroom and I am glad that I had EDM310 to prepare me! I can see all of these resources being useful in the classroom through sparking creativity and motivation and also being a great tools for having an audience to view work. I will be adding this list and his blog to my PLN as it will definitely be helpful to me in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie,

    Sounds like you really liked Jose Picardo's blog and tips! I am glad you have found that you will be able to use some of them in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete