Monday, November 21, 2011

C4K Summary # 3

Kids blogging around the world

My first C4K comment was on Mr.Mcclung's World a blog by Mr.McClung and I commented on his post "Lessons Learned."
There were three lessons learned that he put in his post. The first one was about the beard contest that was being held this year as a fundraiser for United Way. Teachers were given a beard using the iphone bearded app and then students who pay to vote for their favorite teacher. Mr. McClung gave his students an incentive to vote for him this year by telling them that if he won he would let them vote on what shape he would shave his beard into. The second lesson is one of my favorites. One of his students Kyle walked into in 4th period class wearing a blue tutu. Mr. McClung asked what was up with his out fit and the boy said it was just one of those days. I like how Mr.McClung replied by saying, "He could certainly sympathize." He is allowing his students to be who they want to be and I guess they don't have uniforms where he teaches. The third lesson learned was about his cross country team and their last meet. He said they had been the underdogs of the season but that his, "runners have been focused all week long and I’m expecting them to have their best race of the year." My comment to his post was, "Hey I am a student at the University of South Alabama located in Mobile, Alabama and I am currently taking EDM310. I really enjoyed reading your post. I think its great how you engage and interact with your students. You also allow them to be creative and imaginative. I am majoring in elementary education and think that blogging is a great tool to implement in the classroom. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas!"

The second part of my C4K for this week was to post a comment on a post on Mrs. Yollis' blog. I was assigned to post a comment on her blog Yollis' 365 Project, which is a daily digital documentation. The post I commented on was done on October 29th and it was a picture of some colorful peppers. The peppers are Mrs. Yollis' favorite snack and she asked what your favorite snack is, and what the pictures reminded us of. My comment on this post was, "Dear Mrs. Yollis and Class, I am a student at the University of South Alabama located in Mobile, Alabama. I am studying to be a teacher and I am currently taking a computer course called EDM310. This course is teaching me how to use blogs and all different types of technology in the classroom. I took some time to explore your class blog and found many really great posts. I also learned a lot! Thank you for making blogs fun and educational. I like how the picture of the peppers reminds me of warm summer days. I wish it was summer because it sure is cold today in Mobile. My favorite snack is baby carrots dipped in ranch. My horse Maddie also loves when I share my snack with her! Sincerely, Stephanie" I really enjoyed exploring Mrs. Yollis' blog and truly learned a lot about blogging and integrating it into the classroom.

My last C4K for the semester was on Zion's blog. Zion is a 6 year student in Mr. Somerville's room 16 at the Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand. Zion wrote a blog post story about an adventure to Saturn. He did a great job using descriptive words and came up with a very creative account of his adventure to Saturn. My comment on his story was, "Hey Zion, My name is Stephanie and I am a student at the University of South Alabama located in Mobile, Alabama where I am studying to be a teacher. I loved reading your story about your adventure to Saturn. It would be fun to snowboard around the ring of Saturn. You had a very creative story and were very descriptive with your word choice. The story of your adventure come to life in my head and I could picture each scene that you were describing. Keep up your good use of descriptive words." This was probably one of my favorite C4K post that I read this semester because it was very creative and unique. I am glad that Zion is able to share his writing with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment